Did you ever have to look for another way to watch your favorite show because it simply wasn’t available on Netflix? This is often the case with Japanese anime TV series, and there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to watch the new season of an anime you’ve been following. Are all the seasons of One Piece available in your Netflix geolocation? If not, how to unlock Netflix’s blocked content? Let’s find out in the complete guide below!
Why I can’t watch One Piece on Netflix US?
Unfortunately, Netflix US will tease you with the first 4 seasons of One Piece only, afterwards, you’ll be on your own. Why is that, you may ask? Well, the short answer is that there were many licensing issues in the past few years, mostly caused by the different parties in play:
- FUNimation, in charge of the English dubs and publishing on western territories
- Toei, who is in charge of the animated adaptation of the manga of the same name
- Shueisha Inc. and Eiichiro Oda, creator and owner of the original material
For now, your best bet would be to find another platform to watch the other seasons of One Piece, such as FUNimation’s own streaming platform, or Crunchyroll for example. Furthermore, we don’t know if the famous anime’s remaining seasons will ever be available on Netflix.
Is One Piece available in every country on Netflix?
No, unfortunately, many regions don’t have access to all the episodes of One Piece on Netflix. Here’s a full list of the countries currently streaming (some or all) One Piece episodes:
- The United States of America
Why One Piece is not available in my Country?
As with many other TV shows and movies, One Piece is being limited or geo-blocked under different licensing agreements. These legal agreements function independently, from one region to another. Therefore, if you live in the US for example, the list of movies and series you see on Netflix won’t be the same as the one available in Japan and vice versa.
Now, perhaps you are wondering how Netflix does to know where you are located when you are using their platform? It’s quite simple really; your internet is bonded with what we call an IP address, and that IP address tells Netflix in which country you are located. This process is necessary for not only the different license agreements and copyrights for all the content from that region, but it also connects you to the best and nearest servers.
Do I need a VPN to watch One Piece on Netflix?
If One Piece is not available in your Netflix region, then yes, you will need a VPN. A VPN is a Virtual Private Network that will protect your personal information by routing your internet through a different private network. By doing so, nobody will be able to know your IP address. No IP address means no hacking, no personal info stealing, and no spying.
Moreover, a good VPN software will update and change its IP addresses almost daily, while a cheaper/free VPN won’t change its IP addresses as much. Thus, why we recommend paying for a trusted VPN provider if you ever choose to use one.
A complete guide on how to use a VPN to watch One Piece on Netflix
Need help getting started with your VPN? Look further no more, here we will walk you through the steps to get everything set up perfectly in a couple of minutes:
- Before anything, you will need to select a VPN that you can trust. We recommend a paid one such as IPVanish, Surfshark, or Avast VPN.
- Once you chose the VPN, download and install it on your device.
- Now that everything is installed, run the VPN application.
- Choose a subscription plan. We recommend buying a full-year plan or a lifetime plan, which will give the best bang for your buck!
- Then, once the payment went through, you are ready to use the VPN. Select a country of your choice and it will automatically send your internet connection through an IP address of that country’s network.
- Now, if you want to make sure that it’s working, choose a country that is showing One Piece on Netflix, like Japan for example.
- Go on Netflix and log in with your account. From there, look for One Piece, you should be able to watch all the seasons without any problem.
Where can I watch all the seasons of One Piece?
There are a couple of other platforms where you can watch One Piece. That said, they don’t always have all the dubs and subs that Netflix usually offers, so keep that in mind before paying for a subscription. Here are some alternatives to watch One Piece Online:
- Amazon Anime
Does One Piece have seasons?
No, One Piece is one of those rare shows that don’t work with a seasonal system. Of course, there are many websites and streaming platforms that will tell you otherwise, but the reality is that Toei has been releasing a new episode every week for a very long time. In total, there are 990 episodes, as reported by Wikipedia (August 2021). If you were planning on commencing your pirate adventure soon, then know that this will take you a while to catch up.
What’s the story of One Piece?
This anime is very popular everywhere in the world because of its charming characters and fun adventures. In One Piece, you follow a young man named Monkey D. Luffy and his fellow crew members. Together, they embark on an exciting journey aboard a big pirate ship in order to find the One Piece (the biggest treasure in the world) and become the Kings of the Pirates.
With so many options and so many episodes (almost 1000), you should be able to enjoy One Piece in its entirety without any restrictions. We hope this guide was helpful and that you’ll have a lot of fun watching Luffy and his gang navigating through the perilous seas.