When it’s late at night, most people like to use their phones in bed with dim lights in the room. As you may already know, doing this can actually harm your eyes. Thanks to the dark mode feature, it can save your eyes from the brightness of a white screen. For those who like to use Snapchat at night, this page will explain how you can turn Snapchat into dark mode.
How to enable dark theme on Snapchat for iPhone users
In fact, the dark mode on Snapchat isn’t available for every user yet. This setting is now available only to iPhone users in Australia and some parts of the US. Nonetheless, you can check if your Snapchat can be changed into dark mode yet. To do so, here are 4 easy steps to check and enable Snapchat’s dark theme on your iPhone:
- Start the Snapchat app on your mobile device and login into your account.
- In the upper-left corner of your screen, tap on your profile picture (avatar) to open your profile.
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, click on the icon that looks like a gear (settings menu).
- Once you’re at the Settings menu, scroll down until you find an option called “App Appearance.” For those who can find the “App Appearance” menu, choose “Always Dark” to enable Snapchat’s dark theme.
Please take note that you can also arrange it to match your iPhone’s settings. Thus, your iPhone will be adjusted between light and dark automatically throughout the day, and so will Snapchat.
P.S. If you can’t see “App Appearance” in your Settings menu, it means that your country presently isn’t eligible yet for this new feature. Luckily, you can fix this problem with our explanation below.
How to enable dark theme on Snapchat for iPhone users (with iOS jailbreak)
If you are using an iPhone and cannot find Snapchat’s dark mode, there are 2 things you can do:
Installing IOS jailbreaking
Here is good news for iPhone users whose dark theme setting does not show up in their Snapchat application. Thanks to the iOS jailbreaking, it lets your iPhone free from the limitations imposed by its manufacturer (Apple) and carrier (for example, AT&T, Verizon, and others). Here are 9 steps to jailbreak your iOS device. P.S. These steps are for iOS 13 and over.
- Download Hexxa Plus on your iPhone.
- Tap “Allow” and then tap “Download”.
- Head to “Settings” and click “Profile Downloaded”.
- Tap the downloaded link. In this part, you may need to confirm your device’s passcode before continuing.
- Once the Hexxa Plus app is installed, you can also install a Cydia iOS Repository. This can help offer all the necessary features to install apps on your phone. To install it, open your Hexxa Plus app and tap “Get Repos”.
- Scroll to the “App Managers Repo List” and click it, then copy the address: http://ios.cyrepo.tk/
- Re-open your Hexxa Plus app and click “Extract Repo”. Then, paste the copied address above and choose “OK” to extract the Cydia repo.
- Click the “Download” button. Then hit “Allow”, hit “Go to settings”, hit “Profile Downloaded”, and hit “Install”.
- Once you have accessed your passcode to authorize it, you’ll just need to click “Install” and “Done”.
Be careful with this jailbreaking process since it will void your Apple device warranty. Plus, it can bring lots of software issues.
Installing the “Nightmare” app
Once your iPhone is jailbroken, you will need to follow a couple of steps:
- Open the Cydia and then search for “ifile”.
- Install the app: “Nightmare”. This app allows you to put Snapchat in black theme.
- Go to “Open with” and click “File”.
- Tap the “install” button to begin the installation.
With these steps, you can freely change the color of every app you want.
How to put Snapchat in Dark Mode on Android?
Indeed, Android has the “Substratum” app to use dark mode in many apps. Moreover, this app is easy to install and easy to use. Please keep in mind that your Android device needs to be rooted for the app to work. Here are 5 steps that you need to follow:
- Enable unknown sources by going to “Settings”. Then, click “Security”, click “Lock screen and security”, and click “Unknown Sources”. Note that the exact setting names might vary according to your device.
- If you’re using Samsung Galaxy S8 or newer, download the “Samsung Integration” app.
- Go to “Play Store”, download the “Substratum” app, and install it.
- Open the downloaded “Substratum” and click the theme that you want to use.
- Select your device, then choose the Snapchat app for changing it to the dark mode and tap “Install”.
In conclusion, it’s fair to say that wherever you are, you can now tweak your Snapchat app exactly the way you want it. We hope you and your tired eyes can enjoy your new darker screen.